Apex Range Rules and Regulations
The following handgun and rifle calibers will be allowed for use in APEX Indoor Shooting Range:
.22 LR, .22 short
45 ACP, 45 LC
*223 may be shot in identified lanes with permission and inspection of ammunition by a range officer*
**NO TRACERS, ARMOR-PIERCING, V-MAX, A-MAX, BALLISTIC-TIPS, INCENDIARY DEVICES, OR EXPLOSIVES (TANNERITE)
Use only lead, FMJ, CMJ, and/or poly-coat ammunition. If you are not sure about a caliber, ask before shooting. Damage to the range from calibers not listed may result in damage fines or revocation of privileges, including membership.
NRA Gun Safety Rules:
- Consider all firearms to be loaded at all times. Keep the action open and the barrel pointed in a safe direction (downrange) and unloaded until ready to shoot.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
- Always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
- Be sure the gun is safe to operate.
- Know how to use the gun safely.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your gun.
- Know your target and what is beyond the target.
- Wear appropriate eye and ear protection.
- Never use alcohol or drugs before or while shooting.
- Store guns so that they are not accessible to unauthorized persons.